Great Book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Paramedic

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  15:23:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I own an original Ferrari In The Bedroom [sans jacket and with broken spine I wore it out reading it] and went looking at the library for the other 2 , In God We Trust... , and Wonda Hickey.... I found these 2 and The America Of George Ade. I also found Excelsior... I learned a lot from it what a great book and to think the author and fellow Shep Fan lives near by...WOW.
I loved listening to him in my father's car , the back seat of my father's car. as a kid coming home from Grandmas House in Woodside, NY. I still can feel the interior of the car and see the lights from the streetlights on the LIE [Long Island Expressway]
You reminded me of the Flick Lives thing. I thought I was the only listener and when they said in Grammer School [a Catholic School at that] that someone wrote Flick Lives on the bathroom walls I thought i was in for it. I didn't do it but I thought i was the only listner, I was a bti disappointed to find I wasn't the ony one but happy for not getting in trouble.
One of my favorite stories was the pre-fab house one. Jim C said it was from Phantom Of The Open Hearth but I could swear it was from his night show. Amazing how so long after listening I still can hear his voice in my head. Sound is a magical thing it can briong back feelings so long ago. My mother listened at my house and her eyes glowed as she heard that unique voice.
THANKS FOR A GREAT BOOK or should I say a time machine for me to relive his life and learn about the man.

jclavin

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  19:12:32  Show Profile  Visit jclavin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As with many of his stories, they were told on the air first and then made it to print or movie. He told the Ludlow Kissel story every year for 11 years before it became part of the movie "Great American 4th of July and Other Disasters'"

Jim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shep Talk Forum - sheptalk.flicklives.com © 2006-2014 Jim Clavin v3.4.07 Go To Top Of Page