The snow the brings nostalgia for NWI
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

S C Jones

USA
448 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2016 :  12:38:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All you misplaced NWI southern dwellers must be feeling as I do, right now.

Memories of how much fun Hessville was in the winters of our youth, but the realization of what our parents had to deal with in those "glorious" days.

Ken, CJ, Tom and Tom? Are you doing okay in what has caused your, at least temporary possibility, of being snowed in?

It has been 10 years since Nashville had the occasion to appreciate the beauty and consternation of a real, honest-to-goodness snowfall.

seejay2

USA
676 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2016 :  07:04:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey SC! Snowed in? Could be. I really had nowhere to go so I just hunkered down in the castle. We had no mail delivery, but that doesn't surprise me at all given the ratty little car my mail carrier drives and the condition of county roads on a mild snow. I probably saw about 4-5 inches here, certainly not even a close contender for Chicago '67.
They have their ice storm of '09 down here that is still burned into peoples minds and at the mere mention of "snow", the entire human life cycle is put on suspension (after clearing the store shelves of bread, milk, toilet paper, beer and cigarettes)...Cj

PS No, I was NOT down here for the ice storm! People ask me that all the time.
Go to Top of Page

S C Jones

USA
448 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2016 :  23:04:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, CJ, I got waylaid with the Nashville Crud--antibiotics helping me to get back
to the the living.

Yes, I know there is no comparison of snow depth we get here with that in Hessville,
but this one was 8" and that is a BIG snow here. I was astounded that we had no
mail delivery for 2 days. Whatever happened to the, neither rain, snow... whatever that saying was for postal service?

Good to know you are still alive and well up there across the border. I just got an email reply from Ken and some of his pictures of WVA's snowfall a day later than ours.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shep Talk Forum - sheptalk.flicklives.com © 2006-2014 Jim Clavin v3.4.07 Go To Top Of Page