Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Movies
 Phantom of the Open Hearth
 WGBH unable to release Shep's PBS movies on DVD.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dan

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2006 :  14:02:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I received this reply on 01/17/2006 from WGBH in response to my inquiry regarding Shep's movies being released on DVD:
Unfortunately, JEAN SHEPHERD'S films are not in distribution at this time; the rights clearance costs are prohibitive. Indeed, we have been looking to clear these rights for two years but the costs are out of reach for the time being. We regret to say that we do not have information as to when or if rights will be cleared.

Sincerely,
WGBH Member Development and Services
feedback@wgbh.org

So it looks like someone or some organization is demanding an exorbitant amount of money from WGBH for the video rights.

Edited by - Dan on 01/18/2006 22:19:45

m10bob

USA
233 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2006 :  07:05:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonder who "they" is..
WGBH is publicly-funded................

In Hoc Agricula Conc
In Est Spittle Louk
Go to Top of Page

Dan

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  18:34:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently contacted PBS and on 3-11-2013 received basically the same answer as from WGBH:

We apologize for the inconvenience, unfortunately we do not have information regarding future programs that our producers may decide to make available for our viewers. We encourage you to check on the website within a couple months to see if the producers decided to make copies available for our viewers to purchase.

Should you have any further questions or comments, email us at
customersupport@shoppbs.org or call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (800) 531-4727.

We are not a huge group here but I suggest that we send polite emails to the email address customersupport@shoppbs.org requesting that PBS release the Shepherd movies on DVD/Blu-ray.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shep Talk Forum - sheptalk.flicklives.com © 2006-2014 Jim Clavin v3.4.07 Go To Top Of Page