realplayer conversion
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic   

cgn37vet

USA
31 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2005 :  17:20:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me a Free way to convert the realaudio files I've downloaded from mass backwards so I can listen to them on my mp3 player ?

Nick C

Canada
9 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2005 :  17:51:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would think there is software available on the net..let me find out and i'll get back to for you off line!!
however, i just slapped down about 60.00 cnd. for Roxio which is easy to use and should do the trick!!
driving to and from work never sounded so good!!
Nick
Go to Top of Page

Chitose6970

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  20:05:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go to dbpoweramp.com and download their DBPowerAmp music converter.
It is free and it will do the job for you. Codecs are also available. I have used it sucessfully, but it is slow. It takes as long to convert the file as it takes the file to play.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly from Jersey

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2005 :  00:42:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you have a few discretionary dollars, there's a piece of shareware called Total Recorder that can deal with RealPlayer format and 'most any other sound source, and save it as mp3. It has to play the show thru the sound card, in real time (takes ~50 mins), but while that's happening you can mow the lawn or whatever. Then _Save _As mp3 and you've got it.

-Kelly
Go to Top of Page

jclavin

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2005 :  19:59:35  Show Profile  Visit jclavin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I started posting the MP3 version now and will continue to do so.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly from Jersey

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  11:00:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If people want an MP3 of one of the shows that's been rebroadcast over the past year or two, I might have it. I've been converting them to MP3 after I download them. Email me at krunyon(a)igc.org and we'll figure out how to get them to you.
Go to Top of Page

Paramedic

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2006 :  18:06:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
there are some free downloads that work to convert to MP3 format. I tried Real Audio [it came with my MP3 Player] and it worked well. I also tried 2 others that were free downloads. FreeRip is one and CD-DA X Tractor is another . Both of these work well but are slow converting. They are free though. There are a couple of commercial [bought] software to convert to MP3 and they are usually easier to use and more intuitive.
I have been using the 2 free ones for a while and they work well on my MP3Player. The only drawback is they take a while to finish but I put them to work and do something else.
Good Luck and Good Listening

Go to Top of Page

m10bob

USA
233 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  19:38:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Paramedic

there are some free downloads that work to convert to MP3 format. I tried Real Audio [it came with my MP3 Player] and it worked well. I also tried 2 others that were free downloads. FreeRip is one and CD-DA X Tractor is another . Both of these work well but are slow converting. They are free though. There are a couple of commercial [bought] software to convert to MP3 and they are usually easier to use and more intuitive.
I have been using the 2 free ones for a while and they work well on my MP3Player. The only drawback is they take a while to finish but I put them to work and do something else.
Good Luck and Good Listening

I did try the "FreeRip" program, but it will not convert realplayer to MP3, apparently?

In Hoc Agricula Conc
In Est Spittle Louk
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic   
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shep Talk Forum - sheptalk.flicklives.com © 2006-2014 Jim Clavin v3.4.07 Go To Top Of Page