Loss of TestPattern
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LegulusQ

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2013 :  21:33:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is with a heavy heart that I must notify the Sheptalk community of the death of Mark S., known on the forum as TestPattern. Like me, he was a sporadic poster here, but always with something useful to add to the ongoing dialogue, particularly regarding Hessville history and lore. He is survived by his loving wife Mary. He was part of a group of friends attending Morton from the 1965-71 era who stayed in touch and would have informal reunions during years between the official reunions. Even though Mark was a 1969 grad along with Larry, he always attended our 1970 reunions as well, because he had so many friends in our class. He will be missed by all of us who had the privilege to know him. Goodbye, my friend!

LegulusQ

S C Jones

USA
448 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2013 :  23:44:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LegulusQ,
I am so sorry for your loss, and for our sheptalk group's loss. Your are so right
about Mark S.---his interaction was knowledgeable and to the point, with a sense
of the love he had for Hessville and OLPH.
Thank you for sharing the sad news. May he rest in peace.

S C
Go to Top of Page

cartoonguy

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2013 :  01:19:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very sad indeed.I also would like to express my deepest condolences to his family and friends.
Go to Top of Page

Tom J

1192 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2013 :  07:05:14  Show Profile  Visit Tom J's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My condolences to the loved ones he left behind. May God comfort them in this time of sorrow.

Tom
Go to Top of Page

HassoBenSoba

USA
642 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2013 :  02:15:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
To All--

I can't imagine how I missed Craig (Legulus') post from March, informing us of the very sad news that
our pal Mark Szyndrowski had died.

Obviously, I have been seriously AWOL from Sheptalk for several months---which has been entirely due
to my very busy work schedule (you know...the real world intruding on our fun activities). But I posted
something in April, and feel like a jerk for not having noticed the thread about Mark's passing, posted a month earlier.

Here's Mark's senior photo, taken at Bodie's in downtown Hammond in the summer of 1968--

Mark and I went through the majority of our grade school years together at OLPH; I remember in early 1960
that our desks were literally right next to each other for a while. Our paths diverged during High School,
but we still kept in touch. I last saw him in person at the Morton Class of '70 40-year reunion in summer
of 2010 (even though Mark and I were '69 grads, we both crashed the party that night---me at the invitation
of Craig Lannin).

So long to a good guy.

LR

Edited by - HassoBenSoba on 08/21/2013 00:26:03
Go to Top of Page

Jay

148 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2013 :  19:49:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Now that I know his real name and see his photo, they are both very familiar. Although we were never close friends, I can't remember where or when I knew Mark. Did he attend Bishop Noll Institute between 1965 and 1969
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shep Talk Forum - sheptalk.flicklives.com © 2006-2014 Jim Clavin v3.4.07 Go To Top Of Page