General Talk
 General Shep Related Chatter
 Christmas Story props etc.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

26 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2011 :  14:39:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a marathon of Shep's Christmas Story going on now. I have always loved that movie own the D.V.D. and have seen it many times. Lately though I've been paying more attention to the background things and there are a horde of art deco items. Lamps, coffee table. candy/nut holder the old floor radio etc. What a fantastic job was done to get that time period into a movie. As many times as I've seen the movie there always seems to be an item I hadn't noticed before. Love it!!!

381 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2011 :  16:33:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just visited the Christmas Story House in Cleveland, Ohio last summer and many of the props (or similar ones) are there in the house, including the bowling ball drink set on top of the old floor radio. My dad had that very same drink set.

Oh, and another thing from the movie that was there was Randy, Ralphie's little brother. Ian Petrella was at the house, and is a very nice man. He signed autographs and had his picture taken with our family!
Go to Top of Page

148 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2012 :  04:16:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I joined this forum primarily for the Hammond thread. So posting in another thread here is unusual for me.

However, on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, WTBS, on my cable system, broadcast a 24 hour marathon of Christmas Story. I was surprised to learn that Jean Shepherd not only wrote the script, but that it was loosely based on his life growing up in Hammond Indiana. I just can't understand why they chose Cleveland Ohio and Toronto Ontario as the filming locations.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shep Talk Forum - © 2006-2014 Jim Clavin v3.4.07 Go To Top Of Page