| First, let me begin by telling you that I am SO disappointed that I am unable to attend this event. I've been a HUGE fan of "A Christmas Story" since I first saw it in the theatre with my family when it was released in 1983. However, the night of the extravaganza (which I'll detail in a minute) is the same night as my wife's 10-year high school reunion. So that my happy marriage continues, I'm forced to choose the reunion over the "A Christmas Story" event of a lifetime. Here's my description of the top of the line Star Packages (tickets for 2 people) that I'm forced to sell (there were only 28 Star Packages and they are sold out):
A fundraiser for "A Christmas Story" House will take place Thanksgiving weekend, November 25 in Cleveland, Ohio. Benefitting the restoration of "A Christmas Story House," which is located in Cleveland (you will tour the house as part of the package), you and a guest will have the following itinerary:
Friday, November 25th at The Cleveland Playhouse (America's first permanently established professional theatre company; among the largest complexes in the nation, its five performance venues attract over 140,000 patrons annually)
- 10 AM to 3 PM, Open House
* Meet Flick, Randy, Scut Farkus, Schwartz and Miss Shields
* Lolly Trolley making trips to the house for tours (11AM to 3PM)
* Ovaltine & Cookies
* A Christmas Story Memorabilia on display
* House history and restoration plan displays and presentations
* Question and Answer session with kids
* Pictures with Santa Claus
* Pictures with Mr. Jingeling (Santa's keeper of the keys)
* Cast personally autographed items on sale
* Leg Lamps, t-shirts, other items on sale
* A Christmas Story Painting on sale
- 5 PM to 10 PM, A Christmas Story Play, Cocktails and Dinner with the Cast
* 5 PM to 6 PM Cocktail Hour
* 6 PM to 7:30 PM Dinner with movie actors from A Christmas Story
* 8 PM to 10 PM A Christmas Story Play
* 10 PM to 11 PM Dessert and Reception
About "A Christmas Story" Play:
By Philip Grecian
Based upon the motion picture written by Jean Shepherd, Leigh Brown and Bob Clark
Based on Jean Shepherd's fond and funny tribute to the original, traditional, 100% red-blooded, two-fisted, All-American Christmas. Join Ralphie in his quest for the "Holy Grail of Christmas presents" - a genuine Red Ryder 200 Shot Carbine Action Air Rifle. Along the way, experience his childhood, from coveting his father's "major award" to staring down the dreaded Scut Farcus in this funny and sweet tale of growing up in the 1940s.
Chinese Turkey, peking duck stir fry topped with pickled ginger & sesame ginger glaze accompanied by jasmine rice and stir fry vegetables / Holiday dessert dux chef accompanied by a glass of ovaltine
So, come join the cast for a glass of Ovaltine and meet Randy, Flick, Scut Farcus, Schwartz and Miss Shields while helping bring the House back to its movie glory.
If you aren't from the Cleveland area, I recommend that you visit http://www.travelcleveland.com. There's more than enough in Cleveland to make for a fantastic weekend away, including the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame & Museum, the world famous Cleveland Orchestra, the Great Lakes Science Center, the Cleveland Cavaliers (LeBron James), holiday shopping at Tower City (where the movie parade, Santa Claus scene, and window shopping at Higbee's were all filmed), and much, much more.
If I can answer any questions, or assist in any way, please don't hesitate to contact me. I'll do whatever I can to make sure you enjoy your time in Cleveland!