New 20th Anniversary Edition with extras
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

madmanmagic

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2005 :  11:04:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone seen the extras on the New edition of the Christmas Story?

according to netflick it has a 2nd disc:
Talk about a great stocking stuffer!

Special features on the Bonus Disc accompanying this 20th Anniversary edition include three featurettes: "Another Christmas Story," "Get a Leg Up" and "A History of the Daisy Red Ryder."

In addition, the disc packs a "Triple Dog Dare" interactive trivia feature and a "Little Orphan Annie" Decoder Match Challenge.

Other features:
Color; interactive menus; scene access; holiday readings by author/narrator Jean Shepherd; Daisy Red Ryder faeturette; leg lamp featurette; interactive trivia; decoder game.

Dan
email - madmanmagic@mac.com

"All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me... You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you."
-  Walt Disney

Edited by - madmanmagic on 10/26/2005 11:06:15

raccoonradio

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2006 :  23:58:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bought it a few days ago. Good quality picture and sound...has commentary by Bob Clark & Peter Billingsley (interesting trivia;
also the 18 minute "Another Christmas Story" catches us up with the kids in the film, and Clark too). There was mention of scenes that hit the cutting room floor, like a Flash Gordon parody "that took up a good
deal of our budget"--not sure if these will ever see the light of day.

Jean is mentioned many times (such as what it was like working with him, etc.)--prob. could have put a whole segment on that in this DVD
package. But you do get Jean reading a couple stories (no video
just audio; you look at a pic of a radio...)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shep Talk Forum - sheptalk.flicklives.com © 2006-2014 Jim Clavin v3.4.07 Go To Top Of Page