Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

EastHammondBoomer

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  08:01:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom J (and anyone else interested in Downtown Hammond and Purdue Calumet Campus):

I searched the forum for any thread covering Purdue Cal but I didn't see any. I don't want to cloud this thread too much with off-topic posts but I came across this link (yes, yet another link!!) which contains old photos of Purdue Cal and Downtown Hammond.

http://library.calumet.purdue.edu/Archhtmlfin/photo_gallery_main/archives_photo_gallery_Main.htm

Under the "ARCHIVE PHOTOS" column, open pages 35, 50 & 51 to see some Hammond photos. There are also tons of other Purdue Cal photos in this column and the other two columns.

Tom J, I noticed you're wearing a Purdue Calumet shirt in your profile photo. I studied some Mechanical Engineering Technology (MET) but mostly focused on AutoCAD.

I DO root for Purdue University West Lafayette (#4 so far) but I also try to support our home town teams even if they aren't in the big leagues.

BTW, I have an old picture (circa 60's) of Shoppers World (for some reason I thought it was Shoppers Fair) which if I recall was just over the bridge past the K-Mart on Indianapolis Blvd. Wasn't there a "Topps" store there, too? I tried posting the photo but I don't have the url.

Dave G
Go to Top of Page

Tom J

1192 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  08:15:56  Show Profile  Visit Tom J's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave:

I can't for the life of me see why it should bother anyone if a link to something cool gets posted a second time. In this case, that is what happened, because good old Ken (WVCOGS) tipped us off to the Purdue-Cal photo archives a while back. Who knows, maybe a newcomer like you would have missed that link if it had not been reposted.

Anyhow, please, Dave, when in doubt... POST! There is no harm at all in reposting something. That is far better than all of us missing out on something that we would have enjoyed because someone was afraid it might have been posted before, right?

I did only my first year at Purdue-Calumet, Dave, and then I went to W. Lafayette for my final three years. Like Duane and Tim (MrRazz), I studied Forestry. Wait, I think Tim was in Wildlife Management. My year at PUCC was the 1967-1968 school year.

Keep posting!

Tom

Edited by - Tom J on 01/08/2010 08:17:41
Go to Top of Page

tom w

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  08:24:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You are correct about Tops being right next to Shoppers world. Tom W
Go to Top of Page

BobK

431 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  08:43:44  Show Profile  Send BobK a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wasn't Topps first and then it burned down? I also recollect that Topps brought an end to the blue laws for Sunday sales.
Go to Top of Page

EastHammondBoomer

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  12:37:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Here's that old photo of Shoppers World. Was it at the corner of US 41 & RT 30?

Dave G
Go to Top of Page

Tom J

1192 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  12:47:46  Show Profile  Visit Tom J's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it was there. Wicker Park was on the opposite side of Indianapolis Blvd from it.

Tom
Go to Top of Page

wvcogs

USA
564 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  12:55:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, US 30 was farther south. Shoppers World was on Indianapolis Blvd. just south of the Little Calumet River, between Ridge Road and the Little Cal. Tom is right, though. Wicker Park was across Indianapolis Blvd. I believe the bridge in the background is the one that goes over the river. That image is one from the Purdue Calumet Library Archives.
Ken

Edited by - wvcogs on 01/08/2010 13:04:52
Go to Top of Page

seejay2

USA
676 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  13:04:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No. This bridge goes over "Frog Hollow" and the RR tracks. Go a little further over the bridge (maybe 1/4 mile) and there is the river..........Cj
Go to Top of Page

Tom J

1192 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  13:07:50  Show Profile  Visit Tom J's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My bad. It was near Indy Blvd (US 41) and Ridge Road (US 6), not US 30.

Tom
Go to Top of Page

EastHammondBoomer

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  13:11:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to all for clearing that up about Shoppers World.

I hope you all don't mind my asking another question but do any of you remember a bait shop called Steffan's? It was basically a small business in the back of a private house. My dad would take me there before we'd go to Wolf Lake for fishing. Other times, we'd just stick a rod with current into the ground and watch the night crawlers come out in my back yard.

I believe Steffan's was on the same street as the Queen Ann Candies plant. I also remember the Sinclair gas station located on the corner of that street and Hohman. The gas station attendant would always give me and my sisters free Tootsie-Rolls. Those were the days!

Dave G
Go to Top of Page

Tom J

1192 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  13:26:32  Show Profile  Visit Tom J's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dave:

This is driving me nuts that we cannot communicate privately. I hate to post my Email address publicly, and our Email feature at Sheptalk is apparently not working.

Are you registered at Classmates.com in the Hammond High School Class of 77? Is your last name Hispanic? I found a David G_____ listed there. I could contact you through Classmates if that is you.

If you are registered at Classmates, you could contact me through that website. I don't mind posting my last name; it's Johnson. So, look up "Tom Johnson" in the HHS Class of 1967 and send me a PM.

Tom
Go to Top of Page

EastHammondBoomer

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  13:49:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,

This is a little embarrasing but I've always been a free member on Classmates so I can only answer emails from a paying member - not initiate them. To answer your question, yes, that's me listed in the HHS class of '77.

Thanks,
Dave G
quote:
Originally posted by Tom J

Dave:

This is driving me nuts that we cannot communicate privately. I hate to post my Email address publicly, and our Email feature at Sheptalk is apparently not working.

Are you registered at Classmates.com in the Hammond High School Class of 77? Is your last name Hispanic? I found a David G_____ listed there. I could contact you through Classmates if that is you.

If you are registered at Classmates, you could contact me through that website. I don't mind posting my last name; it's Johnson. So, look up "Tom Johnson" in the HHS Class of 1967 and send me a PM.

Tom

Go to Top of Page

Tom J

1192 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  14:01:52  Show Profile  Visit Tom J's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EastHammondBoomer

Tom,

This is a little embarrasing but I've always been a free member on Classmates so I can only answer emails from a paying member - not initiate them. To answer your question, yes, that's me listed in the HHS class of '77.

Thanks,
Dave G
quote:
Originally posted by Tom J

Dave:

Tom

OK, so let me send YOU one on Classmates, and you can reply. We'll see if that works.

Tom
Go to Top of Page

wvcogs

USA
564 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  14:26:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tom,
Did you know that you can include your email address in one of those email type messages on classmates and it will go through? That is if you are a "gold" member.
Ken
Go to Top of Page

Tom J

1192 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  14:38:24  Show Profile  Visit Tom J's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wvcogs

Tom,
Did you know that you can include your email address in one of those email type messages on classmates and it will go through? That is if you are a "gold" member.
Ken

Yes, Ken, I have done that already. Thanks for being kind enough to pass that along, though.

As it turned out, Dave had already found my Email address by going to my personal website via the link in my Sheptalk profile. We are now officially in contact with one another!

Tom
Go to Top of Page

HassoBenSoba

USA
642 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  03:42:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So glad you guys got that all worked out....I was hanging on every word (Just kidding, of course). Seriously, I may sometime be looking for a way to contact some of you guys personally.
------------------------------------------
Shopper's World opened (I believe) in 1960. I remember the excitement of going there, which our family did often. It seemed to have an incredible variety of stuff, and was the first actual "Big Box" store in da' Region. It would have also been the first significant example of commercial retail development that intruded (as some would say) into the southern corridor of Indianapolis Blvd. I still remember driving out towards Rt 30 when there was nothing but wide open spaces and a few gas stations, etc until you hit Sauzer's and Kiddieland. Today it feels much more like Vegas than Rt 41 of old.

Also, that bridge in the picture is the one by Wicker Park and I believe it is slated to be replaced sometime soon.

Larry r

Edited by - HassoBenSoba on 01/09/2010 03:45:09
Go to Top of Page

Tom J

1192 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  07:36:50  Show Profile  Visit Tom J's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HassoBenSoba

So glad you guys got that all worked out....I was hanging on every word (Just kidding, of course). Seriously, I may sometime be looking for a way to contact some of you guys personally.
------------------------------------------
Shopper's World opened (I believe) in 1960. I remember the excitement of going there, which our family did often. It seemed to have an incredible variety of stuff, and was the first actual "Big Box" store in da' Region. It would have also been the first significant example of commercial retail development that intruded (as some would say) into the southern corridor of Indianapolis Blvd. I still remember driving out towards Rt 30 when there was nothing but wide open spaces and a few gas stations, etc until you hit Sauzer's and Kiddieland. Today it feels much more like Vegas than Rt 41 of old.

Also, that bridge in the picture is the one by Wicker Park and I believe it is slated to be replaced sometime soon.

Larry r

Larry, you and everyone else here at Sheptalk are welcome to contact me anytime. When the Email feature is working, you can click on a person's user name, and that takes you to his profile. If he has chosen to allow Emails, you can click on "click to send an Email" in the "contact info" section.

For privacy considerations, when you use that feature, you are not allowed to see the other party's email address. The email goes to that person, and only if he replies do you see his email address in the message header of his reply.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that feature is currently working. I have emailed Jim Clavin, our host, about it through my personal email account outside of Sheptalk, but I have not heard back from him yet.

Even though the email feature is not working, you can do what Dave G did, which is click on my website link in my profile and find my email address there. I would be happy to hear from any of you guys and gals.

Tom
Go to Top of Page

wvcogs

USA
564 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  07:49:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two questions, please.

Was Shoppers World the place that had separate selling areas for various vendors or types of products somewhat similar to the large flea markets of today?

Did another "Big Box" store open at the intersection of 30 and 41 (NW corner) in the early 1960s?

Thanks, Ken
Go to Top of Page

Tom J

1192 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  08:22:43  Show Profile  Visit Tom J's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Two questions, please.

Was Shoppers World the place that had separate selling areas for various vendors or types of products somewhat similar to the large flea markets of today?

Did another "Big Box" store open at the intersection of 30 and 41 (NW corner) in the early 1960s?

Thanks, Ken

Ken:

Where was "Topps?" Was it built on the same site as Shopper's World after Shopper's World burned down? DID Shopper's World burn down? There was one big discount store that burned in that general area.

Also, wasn't there a Zayre's Department Store somewhere in that area?

Tom
Go to Top of Page

Roger D

237 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  08:51:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Topps was south of Shoppers World. Topps was the one that burnt. I believe it was rebuilt as a grocery store. I kbnow there was a large grocery (club style) there in the 80's. The Shoppers World building housed a Giant Auto Parts and a grocery at one time.
Tom J, my aunt Mo that you knew worked for Shoppers World in the 70's. She lived in "frog hollow"
I believe that the Zayers store was at Ridge Road and Cline. It anchored a shopping center there. The shopping center replaced the Ridge Road Drive In.

Roger D.
Go to Top of Page

Tom J

1192 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  09:16:37  Show Profile  Visit Tom J's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Roger, Roger. (Sorry, but I just HAD to do that.)

Thanks for the clarification.

Tom
Go to Top of Page

Joel357

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  10:01:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On that site, wasn't there Robert Hall Village, after Shoppers World?

Joel
Go to Top of Page

EastHammondBoomer

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  11:10:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow!! I haven't heard the name Robert Hall in ages! I seem to recall a store on south State Street one block west of Hohman. Sorry to get off topic, but wasn't the old Greyhound Bus station in the building west of there and the Trailways Bus station across the street?

Robert Hall had quality clothes. I always wore a slim, never quite made it to a huskey size.

Dave G
quote:
Originally posted by Joel357

Joel

Go to Top of Page

Tom J

1192 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  13:14:35  Show Profile  Visit Tom J's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EastHammondBoomer

Wow!! I haven't heard the name Robert Hall in ages! I seem to recall a store on south State Street one block west of Hohman. Sorry to get off topic, but wasn't the old Greyhound Bus station in the building west of there and the Trailways Bus station across the street?

Robert Hall had quality clothes. I always wore a slim, never quite made it to a huskey size.

Dave G
quote:
Originally posted by Joel357

Joel

Robert Hall this season will show you the reason... low overhead.

Go to Top of Page

Joel357

USA
120 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  13:39:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember that but I thought they had a store there.
Go to Top of Page

duane

381 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  21:31:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The big box store at the NW corner of US 30 and US 41 was called Mays.
Shoppers world never burned down. The existing building is still there, but has been divided into many smaller stores. Once Topps opened up just to the south, Shoppers World erected large billboards all along the south end of their parking lot to "hide" the fact that Topps was there....obviously didn't work.
There was a Robert hall in downtown Hammond and also later there was one in Highland, on Indy Blvd, a few blocks north of Ridge road. I believe it is now a Walgreens.
Go to Top of Page

Roger D

237 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  21:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe that Robert Hall was south of Rt6 (Ridge Road) on the east side of Indpls. Blvd. When I married my dad insisted on buying me a new suit to get married in. It was bought at Robert Hall.

Roger D.
P.S. My mother told me later my grandparents had bought him a new suit to get married in so he did the same for me.

I can't believe the memories we resurrect.

Go to Top of Page

Roger D

237 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  21:40:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right that was a Mays store at 30 & 41. I believe they were a little more upscale than Shoppers World & Topps. I lived in Dyer from the fall of '71 until spring of '73. we shopped at Mays as it was cheap and handy to a mill worker with a family.
Go to Top of Page

Roger D

237 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  21:49:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave G.-- I vaguely remember the bait shop you mentioned. We lived in the 4400 block of Clark street andI fished with my dad at Wolf Lake ( he fished, i shot me bb gun). I remember that in the summer '57 we left the bait shop heading for the lake and were involved in a fender bender at about on Sheffield.

Roger D.
Go to Top of Page

Dave

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  11:00:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Zayres was a pretty big chain of department stores. Amongst the many Zayes stores, there was one on Cline/Ridge; one on Broadway near where Gary meets Merrillville; and another on Route 12 somewhere. All of the Zayres closed sometime around 1990, but related stores continued (TJ Maxx maybe?).
Go to Top of Page

BobK

431 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  11:19:17  Show Profile  Send BobK a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Roger, My wife lived at 4414 Clark all her life and I lived there when I returned from the Army in 66 until 71 when we moved to Highland. I bought the property next door and rented it out and the sister-in-law lived next to that property.
Go to Top of Page

seejay2

USA
676 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  12:02:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is going back to "Pint Size" again, but does anybody remember these things? I blundered across this pic packing up stuff. I had a bunch more of them: Dracula, Frankenstien and some dude on the guillotine about to get his.
I think I took this with one of those Brownie 110's that we got at the IHB Christmas party. I had money for this stuff?!?!?.....Cj

Edited by - seejay2 on 01/10/2010 12:03:16
Go to Top of Page

wvcogs

USA
564 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  12:17:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by seejay2

I blundered across this pic packing up stuff.....Cj
Packing??
Is the big moving day getting close?
Ken
Go to Top of Page

seejay2

USA
676 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  12:33:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've been making periodical trips down there and we take as much stuff as we can haul. As far as a 'carved in stone' date goes, we don't have one yet......Cj
Go to Top of Page

EastHammondBoomer

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  14:26:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know the history or name of a little trailer court (mobile home park) located between State Street and Willow Court? It's bounded by the small American Legion bowling on the east, Hammond Pest Control on the south and what I recall as Dick Hoyte's on the west.

As a kid I used to pass this area as I walked to Downtown on State Street. It always amazed me how there was a trailer court nestled in a residential and commercial area. Are these trailers able to be removed? I think there was a used car lot across the street called Kelly's or Mr. Kelly's. Schwinn bike shop was a little further west.

Here's a poor quality Google satelite image I downloaded:

I DO remember what is now called the Sheffield Estates by what was called Douglas Park. Wasn't there a grocery store in that area called Angelo's?

Though I was never a big fan of Lucy and Desi, my favorite part of the movie "Long, Long Trailer" is when they are nervously hauling the trailer up a steep hill.

Dave G
Go to Top of Page

HassoBenSoba

USA
642 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  15:07:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A couple of responses to recent posts:

1.) My sister confirmed that Robert Hall was indeed just SOUTH of Ridge Road on the East side of Indy Blvd--somewhere near Blue Top. I remember getting a nifty pair of wing-tips there in early 1967, when I felt the need for a touch of "cool" (which didn't work).

In far more innocent times, I remember a lovely little cartoon TV ad that would play around Easter time--probably in 1955-56. It showed a field with a tree on the right, and your basic birdies, a bunny, etc and the words "Robert Hall" floating down with a ribbon around them, while a mini-chorus sang "Easter Clothes, Robert Hall"...I kid you not, I still remember the melody.

2.) Seejay's June '63 snap-shot of the Aurora "Creature from Black Lagoon" and "Mummy" was taken when those 2 models were very new. Brother Mike and I bought all of our models from Pint Size too. "Creature" was released around March of '63, and the Mummy in late May. I remember it clearly, since Pint Size got their new shipment of models every Friday. On the last Friday in May '63 (leading into the Memorial Day weekend) I rode my old bike down there and paid my hard-earned 98 cents for the Mummy, which had JUST come in that day. I remember riding back home down Arizona Ave and that the cottonwood trees were going crazy --- it almost looked like snow coming down.

As soon as I have time, I will post my 45-minute video documentary of old Hammond Mom-and-Pop toy stores (on You Tube) that I made in 2005; it contains a whole section on Pint Size.

Larry r
Go to Top of Page

BobK

431 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  15:37:19  Show Profile  Send BobK a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, Angelo's was at the corner of 137th and Sheffield/Hohman. It took a chunk out of the NE corner of the park.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

duane

381 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  22:30:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HassoBenSoba

A couple of responses to recent posts:

1.) My sister confirmed that Robert Hall was indeed just SOUTH of Ridge Road on the East side of Indy Blvd--somewhere near Blue Top.
Larry r

You and Sis are quite correct. My mistake. My mom bought clothes there for me, but more often at the Robert Hall in downtown Hammond.
Go to Top of Page

nitti

66 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  10:25:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Two questions, please.

Thanks, Ken

I remember Shopper's World as the first "non department" discount store to open in the area. They had a donut stand by the check out lines selling "Dunkin Donut" type donuts by the dozen. We always got them - cheaper than bakery donuts. A real treat in those days.

Also - I need help here. There was a hamburger stand on the NE corner of Ridge and 41 in front of Topps. I can't remember their name. When they went out of business they had a 5 cent hamburger sale - Duncanburger size bun, half-dollar size burger - you got what you paid for.
Go to Top of Page

BobK

431 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  10:32:57  Show Profile  Send BobK a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Wasn't it the Golden Point or something like that? H A Gentry Jr (a Mortonite) worked there for awhile and we (a car load) would stop and order and give him $10 as payment and he would give us the food and change of $10.
Go to Top of Page

nitti

66 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  10:50:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BobK

Wasn't it the Golden Point or something like that? H A Gentry Jr (a Mortonite) worked there for awhile and we (a car load) would stop and order and give him $10 as payment and he would give us the food and change of $10.

Golden Point rings a bell - I think that's it. Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

BobK

431 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  11:44:05  Show Profile  Send BobK a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The owner lived in the blonde brick house next to it.
Go to Top of Page

Bill Bucko

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  22:50:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by seejay2

This is going back to "Pint Size" again, but does anybody remember these things? ...

Of course.

As a junior high kid, I bought my Frankenstein, Dracula and the Wolf Man at Pint Size.

You can still buy them all on E-Bay. Originals from the early '60s are expensive, later reissues are more affordable. A nicely painted Frankenstein now decorates my bedroom. (Why not? Also proudly displayed there is issue # 1 of "Castle of Frankenstein" magazine.) I also have Dracula, but he's reposing unassembled in his box--haven't found time to paint him properly.

Bill

Warren G. Harding Class of '63
Go to Top of Page

B12B12

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  05:41:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by govenor

I should remember her because she lived near Jim Gasaway. now that's a name i do know... lol remember any wimmer's george , william, chuck ?????
Go to Top of Page

Roger D

237 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  08:13:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HEY! BobK sorry it took so long to get back to you. I lived at 4422 Clark St. We moved to Hessville in '57. My best friend lived at the north end of the block. Do you remember the Allens?

Roger D.
Go to Top of Page

BobK

431 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  09:05:20  Show Profile  Send BobK a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No Roger. We, my wife and I, lived there from 66 to 71, and purchased the Bailey's house next door to the north which we rented out. With your address I'm thinking that you lived in one of the apartments to the south of us? I can't remember the owners name but he had wooden sheds across the back of the lots. There was the gas station on the corner, and alley, two apartment buildings and then my in-laws house with a two story house in the back which is where we lived.
Go to Top of Page

Roger D

237 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2010 :  21:01:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BobK Yes, we lived in the apartment on the alley behind Carl Ostrum's service station. The Allens lived at about 4318 Clark.
I have memories of Montgomery Wards in Munster. My wife and I shopped there alot. In fact our son was an auto mechanic there from sometime in 1990 until Dec. '96.

Roger D

Go to Top of Page

BobK

431 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  05:52:26  Show Profile  Send BobK a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Did anyone here know Ken Madura? He was a classmate of mine at HHS. His Dad owned the gas station on the SE corner of Kennedy and 175th.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

wefles

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  07:59:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a transplant who lived on chestnut near 176th from 1989 to 1998.
My wife Denise (Hayes, Gavit 1983) grew up on Beech a block away.

Does that count in being "from" Hammond, or would that only count for my wife and my last 3 sons who were born when we lived in Hammond?
Go to Top of Page

Tom J

1192 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2010 :  08:21:42  Show Profile  Visit Tom J's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wefles

I'm a transplant who lived on chestnut near 176th from 1989 to 1998.
My wife Denise (Hayes, Gavit 1983) grew up on Beech a block away.

Does that count in being "from" Hammond, or would that only count for my wife and my last 3 sons who were born when we lived in Hammond?

For my part, I say you are an official Region Rat, and I say you are from Hammond.

Tomster
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shep Talk Forum - sheptalk.flicklives.com © 2006-2014 Jim Clavin v3.4.07 Go To Top Of Page