Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 27

dilligaf717

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  04:04:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do any of you Morotn grads remember a girl who graduated in the 68-69 time frame named Carol Sharp or Sharpe? I worked with her at Jonsons Blue Top in Highland and have always wondered what became of her.

Jim

Still runnin against the wind.
Go to Top of Page

dilligaf717

USA
51 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  04:06:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's early here in Beautiful South Texas, sorry for the bad spelling.

Jim

Still runnin against the wind.
Go to Top of Page

govenor

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  19:39:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Bill, I was just "bustin' your chops" no offense taken. By the way, I was on the wrestling team in name only. It was something to do but I really stunk up the mat (not literally). You know how former ball players become legends in their own minds the older they get...not in this case.

Steve

I meant it respectfully, in a tough, athletic sense--same as I'd speak of Stosh, the football tackle, Josephine Cowsnofski's brother (in Jean Shepherd's book Wanda Hickey's Night of Golden Memories)! I know enough not to bad-mouth anyone who can tie me into a knot! According to my '66 Top Hat, you were on the wrestling team, too!

Bill

Warren G. Harding Class of '63
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

BobK

431 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  09:18:50  Show Profile  Send BobK a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Born, raised and lived in Hammond for 29 years, Highland for 19 years and now north of Valparaiso for 19 years.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

S C Jones

USA
448 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  11:15:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, BobK! Do you have a sister named Pat?
quote:
Originally posted by BobK

Born, raised and lived in Hammond for 29 years, Highland for 19 years and now north of Valparaiso for 19 years.

Bob

Go to Top of Page

BobK

431 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  11:25:45  Show Profile  Send BobK a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No sisters but two younger brothers.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Tom J

1192 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  13:25:36  Show Profile  Visit Tom J's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Bob:

It's great having you with us. Have you had a chance to get caught up with the posting on all the threads yet? I hope you will feel free to "revive" any old discussions that you find, if you have something to contribute. Also, start some new threads, if you have something that you think we could all enjoy discussing.

I wish you had not moved from your home on Calumet at such a young age. We could have had some great times discussing the old neighborhood, but it is definitely hard to remember things from when you were under six years old.

There still might be some things we could talk about, since you worked at Burger's when it was on Calumet. That would have brought you back to your old neighborhood when you were older.

Tom
Go to Top of Page

tom w

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  17:41:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob;
welcome. I have 2 questions. What years did you go to Irving? Who was your homeroom teacher? Thank you. Tom W
Go to Top of Page

BobK

431 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  18:26:09  Show Profile  Send BobK a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking I went to Irving 55-57, 7th, 8th & 9th. I was a mid-termer. I don't remember the home room teacher. I remember Mrs Steiner? for math who also taught my Dad. She couldn't touch anything without Kleenix. I had Bernie Krueger for shop. The Principal was Mr Lockey? There was a large blond teacher of what I don't remember but I remember the paddle she swung. Mr Thompson was the coach? I used to eat lunch at the Cottage Restaurant on Calumet and of course had to visit the Igloo once in a while. My uncle owned Calumet Sheet Metal Works and the Norge Village on the corner of Hoffman and Pine and my Dad was the shop foreman.

I and a friend almost didn't get to graduate. Graduation was in the afternoon and at lunch we dropped a lit firecracker through the mail slot of the library. Someone must have told on us. Mr Lockey probably thought it was best to get us out and forget about us but he did give us a stern lecture.

I think a couple of the guys in my class were of drinking age.

Bob

Edited by - BobK on 08/12/2009 19:33:15
Go to Top of Page

BobK

431 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  18:28:06  Show Profile  Send BobK a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to go back and edit for spelling?

Bob
Go to Top of Page

BobK

431 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  18:45:09  Show Profile  Send BobK a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't remember the Algebra teachers name. I had him for one semester before going to High. He didn't teach me anything and when I asked a question he would only say look in the book. When I got to High I was already signed up for Algebra II and was at a total loss and had to drop it.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Tom J

1192 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  19:04:23  Show Profile  Visit Tom J's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Is there a way to go back and edit for spelling?

Bob

One of the icons at the top is for editing. It's a little pencil.

Tom
Go to Top of Page

BobK

431 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  19:33:51  Show Profile  Send BobK a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Duh! Thanks Tom.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

tom w

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  20:19:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob;
You must have been with me those years! Mr Lockey used to chase me home and I'd lock myself in the garage. Mr. Byers taught math too and had eighth assembly. My homeroom was Ms. Gligor. I left Tech in 58 by invitation of Mr. Dale View (sp?) He was boys co-ordinator. I was then a junior and couldn't get back in a Hammond school so I went to East Chicago and took the GED and enrolled at Purdue. That put me a year ahead of everyone else. I lived behind the Igloo on Oak Street. Fred Sasse was on this site but he disappeared a while ago. Is there still a Fetlas by Valpo? Tom W
Go to Top of Page

BobK

431 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  20:29:25  Show Profile  Send BobK a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Fetla's was bought by someone else and they cleaned it up which took the fun out of it and they closed a couple of years ago.

I don't remember a Ms. Gligor.

I liked Mr Lockey even though I got quite a few swats from him. I think Ms. Steiner was the only one I didn't get swats from.

Bob

Edited by - BobK on 08/12/2009 20:32:41
Go to Top of Page

svea3

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  10:54:51  Show Profile  Send svea3 an ICQ Message  Click to see svea3's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi all
I was Jim Houghton's neighbor. I remember his mother especially.
Linda
Go to Top of Page

Carol

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2009 :  14:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey all you Hammonites! I'm brand new and this is my first posting. I grew up in North Hammond, went to Irving Elementary til 3rd grade, moved to Woodmar and finished at Porter. I Went to Jr. High and Sr. High at Morton, grad of 1960. My dad must have been cut from the same cloth as Ralphie's right down to the cussing of clunkers. My teen years were spent in Hessville in my old red and white Chevy with the outside white viser (real classy!) with friends chipping in 25 cents at the end of the night to replenish the gasoline. I'm living in Sugar Land, Texas, at least for now, after spending most of my adult life in Highland, IN. Yes, SW Houston is HOT & HUMID!! But, it beats the heck out of 30 degrees below zero windchills. I remember huge snowfalls & ice storms in NW Indiana that don't seem to happen as much nowadays.

Edited by - Carol on 08/14/2009 14:08:41
Go to Top of Page

wvcogs

USA
564 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2009 :  14:37:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello again Carol,

Welcome, it's good to see you on this site. Stick around. There have been some interesting discussions. Also, check some of the other Hammond threads while you're here.

Ken O.

Edited by - wvcogs on 08/14/2009 14:38:08
Go to Top of Page

Carol

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2009 :  14:46:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good to hear from you again, Ken. Thanks for the welcome. I'm thrilled to be here. But, at my age, it doesn't take much to thrill me anymore. Does anyone but me remember Rovai's on Calumet? Used to go to Hammond on #2 bus and always ended up there. That was before I was old enough to drive - several million years ago.
Go to Top of Page

Paddy

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2009 :  23:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome Carol:

I am familiar with Irving School. I attended Kindergarten there but went to All Saints in downtown Hammond for grade school, then Bishop Noll for high school, graduating in '59. Your mention of chipping in two bits for gas reminded me that a quarter bought a gallon of gas back then.

I also know where Sugar Land is. I did some technical consulting for the Sugar Land Fire Department in the late '90's.

Paddy

quote:
Originally posted by Carol

Hey all you Hammonites! I'm brand new and this is my first posting. I grew up in North Hammond, went to Irving Elementary til 3rd grade, moved to Woodmar and finished at Porter. I Went to Jr. High and Sr. High at Morton, grad of 1960. My dad must have been cut from the same cloth as Ralphie's right down to the cussing of clunkers. My teen years were spent in Hessville in my old red and white Chevy with the outside white viser (real classy!) with friends chipping in 25 cents at the end of the night to replenish the gasoline. I'm living in Sugar Land, Texas, at least for now, after spending most of my adult life in Highland, IN. Yes, SW Houston is HOT & HUMID!! But, it beats the heck out of 30 degrees below zero windchills. I remember huge snowfalls & ice storms in NW Indiana that don't seem to happen as much nowadays.

Go to Top of Page

BobK

431 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2009 :  23:56:40  Show Profile  Send BobK a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Paddy, did you know Cathy Yonkers? I think she may have been class of 61. She lived on Columbia just north of 149th. She went to All Saints and then Bishop Noll.

Bob
Go to Top of Page

Carol

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  11:30:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, Paddy. Alot of people come to the Houston area and Sugar Land but it's not a place they choose to live out their lives. Alot of
money down here and it's costly to live if you don't make big bucks. Not only was a gallon a quarter, but an attendant would run out, fill your tank with gas AND wash your windows. And actually thank you. Those were the days, my friend. Sounds like a song!

Edited by - Carol on 08/17/2009 11:55:42
Go to Top of Page

duane

381 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2009 :  22:15:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Good to hear from you again, Ken. Thanks for the welcome. I'm thrilled to be here. But, at my age, it doesn't take much to thrill me anymore. Does anyone but me remember Rovai's on Calumet? Used to go to Hammond on #2 bus and always ended up there. That was before I was old enough to drive - several million years ago.

Carol, I know that Rovai's has been mentioned several times....don't remember which post it was. I went to school with Karen Rovai...I think it was her family that owned it.
Go to Top of Page

Paddy

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2009 :  23:36:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

A lot of money down here and it's costly to live if you don't make big bucks.
I was amazed by the number of McMansions in the new subdivisions. The three-car garages made the homes look like they were built as adjuncts to the garages instead of vice versa.
Go to Top of Page

Paddy

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2009 :  23:50:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Paddy, did you know Cathy Yonkers? I think she may have been class of 61. She lived on Columbia just north of 149th. She went to All Saints and then Bishop Noll.
Her name doesn't ring a bell. Noll was a big school, with graduating classes of 300-400. However, I did date someone from the Class of 61, a comely redhead named Novelene.
Go to Top of Page

svea3

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  08:36:42  Show Profile  Send svea3 an ICQ Message  Click to see svea3's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Greetings new member Carol I graduated from OPM in 1960 also.
Did you live close to173rd?
Up know earliy in the morning eveything looks ok and it turns out to be jubberish.
Linda

Edited by - svea3 on 08/19/2009 08:46:08
Go to Top of Page

Carol

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2009 :  10:00:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Linda! I lived on Leland Ave., 3 blocks east of Indpls Blvd off of 169th. Thanks for the welcome. What was your maiden name, if you don't mind telling me, mine was Bubac.
Go to Top of Page

svea3

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2009 :  18:05:49  Show Profile  Send svea3 an ICQ Message  Click to see svea3's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
My mom's maiden name was Houpt. She graduated from HHSin 1929. My dad from HTech in 1925. I know the Bubac name.
Go to Top of Page

svea3

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2009 :  18:08:27  Show Profile  Send svea3 an ICQ Message  Click to see svea3's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
OOOOps my MAIDEN name was Johnson. I lived on the corner of 173rd and Kennedy on the NW corner. A lot of my Woodmar buddies lived close to Indianapolis BLVD.
Go to Top of Page

Carol

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2009 :  12:37:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Linda. I remember your name also. Yeah, there were many of us that lived close to the Blvd. East and West, really. A whole lot of subdivisions went up in the early 50's. Parents like mine were able to move their families "south" from north Hammond and East Chicago. The block I lived on in N Hammond had only one kid, me. So when we moved to Woodmar, it was heaven on earth! Lots of kids on every block. Even though it was a 'hike' to Porter and then to MHS, I loved it.
Go to Top of Page

svea3

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2009 :  14:27:22  Show Profile  Send svea3 an ICQ Message  Click to see svea3's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Those were wonderful days and I do not think it is the haze of the years. My class only had 13 and grew expotentially when we went to the JR HIGH. We were innocent enough not even to realize how great everything was and was to become. We were from the small lot of Real War Babies.. NOT THE POST WAR BOOMERS

Carson Pierre Scott had us paint on their windows. That was so radical and some people think that their children's painting on store windowa is so new. Nope we were doing it back in the 50's.

Later

Go to Top of Page

Carol

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2009 :  11:30:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Linda, GREAT memory! I'd forgotten about the Carson windows, but you're right on. I was born not quite 4 months after Pearl Harbor, so don't remember much about that war. Been way too many since then!! I sometimes wish that my grandkids could have experienced some of the 'quieter times' that we were able to enjoy. I tell them about growing up in the 40s and 50s and they look at me like I was raised in a cave. Ah, well, time stands still for no man (or woman). This thread has reminded me of so many forgotten memories. Thanks y'all (that's 'Texan' for all of you).
Go to Top of Page

Carol

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2009 :  12:39:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, Hessvillites, do any of you remember Hessville Park before the Little Red School House? Sure you do! We all remember Hessville Pool, but do you also remember the winter ice skating and the warming house provided us skaters? Many years later, when Bush and Reagan were fighting it out in a primary, Jimmy Stewart(the Wonderful Life and many more great movies), stood on the porch of the School House to promote Reagan. I was delighted to personally meet him but was rather taken back by the very long hairs growing from the TOP of his nose. Lots of memories of Hessville Park!!

Go to Top of Page

Pro2am

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  23:31:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cindy,

Sounds like you're thinking of Goldblatts. It was a across Hohman from Woolworths, and as far as I recall it had elevators.

Mike Rapchak Jr.

=============================

quote:
Originally posted by cindyhr

What store was across the side street from Woolworth's? Can't remember if that was Sibley or State? Anyway, that store was the one with the escalator. It's funny how when you are away for so long you can't remember names of streets or even names of some stores. All those pictures brought back so many memories.
Cindy
PS: Hope I'm not getting alzheimers!!!!!

Go to Top of Page

Pro2am

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2009 :  23:44:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Carol,

Yes, I remember Hessville Park; we moved to California Ave. in early 1962. You might recall that there was a concrete wading pool on the west side of Hessville Pool - between it and the skating rink. Years later it was filled in, blacktopped, and converted to a basketball court. In the Summer of 1966 I got a job with the Hammond Parks Dept. and worked at Hessville Park. Our tools were stored in a room in the shelter house. There used to be a small playground area with swings, little slides, etc. just west of the sidewalk path that ran on the west edge of the skating rink between Parrish and 173rd St. There was a larger slide and swing set near Hessville pool and the former wading pool.

Mike Rapchak Jr.

==============================

quote:

Hey, Hessvillites, do any of you remember Hessville Park before the Little Red School House? Sure you do! We all remember Hessville Pool, but do you also remember the winter ice skating and the warming house provided us skaters? Many years later, when Bush and Reagan were fighting it out in a primary, Jimmy Stewart(the Wonderful Life and many more great movies), stood on the porch of the School House to promote Reagan. I was delighted to personally meet him but was rather taken back by the very long hairs growing from the TOP of his nose. Lots of memories of Hessville Park!!

Go to Top of Page

Carol

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  11:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, guys, this is WAY off topic, but need some help. Do any of you remember why Dandy Don Meredith was fired from Monday Night Football? I remember it was something he said to Cosell during a game that some felt offensive, but can't think of what it was. Help! Please and thank you.
Go to Top of Page

Jim R

61 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  15:41:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey, guys, this is WAY off topic, but need some help. Do any of you remember why Dandy Don Meredith was fired from Monday Night Football? I remember it was something he said to Cosell during a game that some felt offensive, but can't think of what it was. Help! Please and thank you.

http://www.tnt.tv/title/?oid=341985-2091

Here's a timeline of Monday Night Football. Seems Meredith quit and was replaced by Fred "The Hammer" Williamson, who clashed with Cosell and was "bought out'. See the 1974 entries.

Harding K thru 7
Morton 8 thru 12
Class of 1972
Go to Top of Page

Carol

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  10:18:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks a bunch!! I really thought Meredith was fired - had no idea he left after 4 years. Urban legends, I guess or just faulty memory. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.
Go to Top of Page

Toni Powell

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2009 :  14:43:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, I lived with my grandparents for a while at 6842 Carolina Ave, Hessville. They were Ernest & Bessie Meadows. They sold their home about 1960 and followed my family to Florida, where they lived the rest of their years. Grandpa worked past retirement at Inland Steel. My Mom and her brothers went to Morton HS. I went to kindergarten somewhere around there, then Mom and Dad moved to Illinois, then Florida, I got married & now live in Northern Georgia.
I remember many a summer vacation,weekends and Christmas,staying with my grandparents.
My Aunt Helen Meadows now lives in Griffith, and my other Uncle, Buel Meadows lives in Longview, TX. Toni
Go to Top of Page

Tom J

1192 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2009 :  15:33:54  Show Profile  Visit Tom J's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Toni Powell

Hello, I lived with my grandparents for a while at 6842 Carolina Ave, Hessville. They were Ernest & Bessie Meadows. They sold their home about 1960 and followed my family to Florida, where they lived the rest of their years. Grandpa worked past retirement at Inland Steel. My Mom and her brothers went to Morton HS. I went to kindergarten somewhere around there, then Mom and Dad moved to Illinois, then Florida, I got married & now live in Northern Georgia.
I remember many a summer vacation,weekends and Christmas,staying with my grandparents.
My Aunt Helen Meadows now lives in Griffith, and my other Uncle, Buel Meadows lives in Longview, TX. Toni

Hello, Toni. Welcome to Sheptalk. Make yourself at home and post away.

Tom
Go to Top of Page

wvcogs

USA
564 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2009 :  22:50:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hello, I lived with my grandparents for a while at 6842 Carolina Ave, Hessville. They were Ernest & Bessie Meadows. They sold their home about 1960
Toni

Toni -- You will not believe this -- My parents bought that house at 6842 Carolina in 1960!!! Tomorrow when I have more time I'll post a photo of it taken way back when just to show I'm not kidding.
Ken O'Neal
Go to Top of Page

S C Jones

USA
448 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  00:05:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Toni,

Welcome! And, Ken, that is just about the ultimate in connections---almost 40 years from the time you and Toni passed each other in our beloved Hessville and did not know each other. WOW! Remember, we had a topic on those kinds of meetings.

The closest I have come to that kind of internet connection was having a former neighbor's daughter log on to this site and get me and my brother reconnected with the family.
Whoa-- who knows what some of us may experience from this forum if we remain here long enough for others to catch up to us.

Really, I am psyched at your and Toni's discovery.

Edited by - S C Jones on 09/26/2009 00:06:38
Go to Top of Page

wvcogs

USA
564 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2009 :  11:02:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As promised, here are pictures of 6842 Carolina Avenue, Hammond, Indiana. The first is one my parents took of the house a couple years after they bought it from Toni's grandparents. The other is one seejay took for me in 2007.

Ken O'Neal

Go to Top of Page

Toni Powell

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  10:24:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ken, the pictures did not come through. I will check again tonight to see if they did....;thanx..and by the way I was born in Beckley, WV .Toni
Go to Top of Page

wvcogs

USA
564 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  13:41:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ken, the pictures did not come through. I will check again tonight to see if they did....;thanx..and by the way I was born in Beckley, WV .Toni

Toni,
Sorry about the pictures not making it. See if these links work any better for you. We moved from Northwest Indiana to Hurricane, WV in 1975. My parents lived at 6842 Carolina until they retired and moved away in 1973.
Ken...

6842 Carolina in 1962

6842 Carolina in 2007
Go to Top of Page

Toni Powell

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2009 :  10:52:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ken, I finally got the pictures and thank you for taking the effort to do so. Toni
Go to Top of Page

Roger D

237 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  10:46:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone I am new to Shep Talk. I have been reading the previous posts and find them interesting. Many true facts and some close. The Collins murders in the mid 50s happened on 176th street one block west of New Hampshire St. I moved to New Hampshire St. in '57. I lived in "East" Hessville from '57-'64. The manageer of the A&P store on Kennedy Ave. and then the new one on 165th was my neighbor, J.C. Yates. His son Frank graduated from Morton in '61
Go to Top of Page

Roger D

237 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2009 :  15:20:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Small small world ! My wife and I lived at 6830 Carolina from the spring of '65 until the fall of '69. We rented a duplex from the Goodsons. Mike Goodson and I went to Morton together. I graduated mid term in '63. We bougt our first house on California St. Then sold it and bought our house on Alexander about 1976.
Any Morton Govs. from rthe class of '63 out there???
Go to Top of Page

Tom J

1192 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2009 :  10:09:23  Show Profile  Visit Tom J's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Roger:

I'm sorry for the lack of replies to your posts. We seem to be in one of our lulls around here.

Come on, you old timers, give Roger a big Sheptalk welcome.

Tom

A 1967 Graduate of Hammond High who cherishes his memories of growing up in the Hammond of the 1950's and 1960's. Bring back those days!

Go to Top of Page

wvcogs

USA
564 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2009 :  13:18:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Roger D

Small small world ! My wife and I lived at 6830 Carolina from the spring of '65 until the fall of '69. We rented a duplex from the Goodsons. Mike Goodson and I went to Morton together. I graduated mid term in '63. We bougt our first house on California St. Then sold it and bought our house on Alexander about 1976.
Any Morton Govs. from the class of '63 out there???

Hello Neighbor. Welcome aboard. Stick around and join in the conversation. At 6830 Carolina you were three houses north of my parents. I don't remember seeing any '63 Govs on here -- could be wrong. Did you have an older sister who also attended Morton for a while?

Ken O'Neal (MHS '60)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 27 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shep Talk Forum - sheptalk.flicklives.com © 2006-2014 Jim Clavin v3.4.07 Go To Top Of Page