Identifying a certain program
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

spiderman

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  00:43:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently listened to the two shows dated 04/13/65 titled "1965_04_13_Code_School" (time=40:23) and "1965_04_13_Fred_Allen" (time=20:54). It's obvious that the latter is from 04/13/65 as a portion of " Code School (and meeting Fred Allen)" listed in the database.

What's also obvious is that the former can't be the code school portion of that same show. At 40+ minutes, it's a full show & must be from around the same year as there are more commercials than the 1-2 from earlier years (1964 & before). Further, Shep doesn't talk about code school; the show revolves around radio & TV signals, the use of short-wave and CW.

A search of the database trying to ID certain portions or references (i.e., Joseph Conrad, reaching a CW operator in Murmansk, having Ch. 4 in Cincinnati taken over by a minor-league baseball game from San Antonio for a spell) or ads (Tijuana Smalls, a PSA by Mayor Lindsey about noise pollution, a NIH drug PSA [w/ Rod Serling, of all people!]) has been feckless thus far...

Anyone able to shed light on this will be awarded a brass figlagee with bronze oak leaf palm.

At ease, mens...

sheptapes

Tuvalu
41 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  23:24:39  Show Profile  Visit sheptapes's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I can tell you all the shows it is not (I checked them):
NOT 6-6-72 "Code"
NOT Kalish 98b 6-07-73 CW Band Radio, Learning Code
NOT DX Ham Radio CW- Feb 71 (did not audition, but DB description doesn't match)

Linsday was mayor from 1966-73, the Serling drug spot is found on shows from January 1971.

I scanned the database for other titles in this period, but none seem to match, so what we have here is an undated episode from the early '70s.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shep Talk Forum - sheptalk.flicklives.com © 2006-2014 Jim Clavin v3.4.07 Go To Top Of Page