General Talk
 Mass Backwards
 Reruns for a newer audience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

233 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  07:42:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I applaud Max's decision to re-air past Mass Backwards' airings of Sheps programs as many of us were not around, either for the original airings, nor the early days of Mass Backwards.
In '73 I was in Manhattan on leave from the army and my (then) girlfriend lived near the "Recovery Room", near Cornell Med Center, and this is most likely from where I first heard Shep on the radio.
Even then he was considered somewhat of a cultish personality amongst the students on the eastside, (and I refer to interns and nurses)..
Of course, not being a local, I had no idea how big Shep was, and I doubt he ever did know.

In Hoc Agricula Conc
In Est Spittle Louk

161 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2008 :  08:25:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I also applaud Max's decision, especially since it's been nearly 10 yrs. since he was first broadcasting Shep & as Bob said, many of us weren't on board until several years down the line. I also enjoy listening to the shows put up on this website from Gary in CA, thanks. 1973 was also the year that Shep came into my life from reading his columns in Car & Driver, although it would be decades until I realized the scope of his work.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shep Talk Forum - © 2006-2014 Jim Clavin v3.4.07 Go To Top Of Page