Off Topic Discussions
 Spammer/scammer on the forum...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TEKKY

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  14:06:53  Show Profile  Visit TEKKY's Homepage  Send TEKKY an AOL message  Send TEKKY a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I received a message from chris01 requesting that I help him acquire $2.8 Million.

Obviously this is an attempt at bilking me out of my meager savings, so I'm not going to respond. But I wanted to make sure the rest of the forum members are aware of this as well.

Bill Bucko

USA
359 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2006 :  21:40:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Everybody should be on guard against the many scams that infest the internet. Here's an excellent source of information:

Internet ScamBusters (tm)
The #1 Publication on Internet Fraud
http://www.scambusters.org

Bill

Warren G. Harding Class of '63
Go to Top of Page

svea3

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  15:01:24  Show Profile  Send svea3 an ICQ Message  Click to see svea3's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I got that one also on yahoo yesterday. I'll go back and see if I saved it. IT WAS A SPAM for sure. But how did they get in here and get my real email address???? It should be reported, for sure.Linda
Go to Top of Page

svea3

USA
223 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2006 :  15:30:38  Show Profile  Send svea3 an ICQ Message  Click to see svea3's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I just checked and I didn't save it. However, it should be reported! lkjh
Go to Top of Page

umtrr-author

6 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  17:49:13  Show Profile  Visit umtrr-author's Homepage  Reply with Quote
After two of these in the past couple of days, I have turned off the ability of people to send me e-mail out of here. I can be found via my website instead. I doubt that this affects anyone here other than those looking to raise money to collect a large stash of cash, or seek to enlarge something of mine.

George in Ellison Park, NY
http://www.irwinsjournal.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shep Talk Forum - sheptalk.flicklives.com © 2006-2014 Jim Clavin v3.4.07 Go To Top Of Page