A Christmas Story
 Jean Shepherd Fest
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Woobergoober

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2006 :  22:49:31  Show Profile  Click to see Woobergoober's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey everybody. Finally got registered on this site, and was hoping to get a little information. Back in 2004, I took my Grandfather to Shep Fest, out in Hammond, IN. I wanted to go for two reasons- to meet the actors who played the kids in A Christmas Story, and to see any new Jean Shepherd stuff, that I had not been exposed to yet.

Meeting those guys that played the kids was really cool! I even through down some money, and got the autographed poster sheet.

We went to watch some of the videos of some miscellaneous Shep interviews and what not, but the screening room only had a projector type set up that played the movie on the wall, and the audio was real hard to hear.

Just as a side note, I am 32, and my Grandfather is going to be 80 this year. He borrowed, and read (a few times) my collection of Jean Shepherd books, and every time, we laughed afterwards, and would discuss the stories, and how that book could have been written about my Grandpa himself! Never have I gotten such enjoyment out of books, nor do I think my Grandfather has.

So, I guess the question I am getting to, is if there are any plans for there to be another Shep Fest in Hammond. It was nice, but I was really hoping to meet up with other fans of Shep- I think more people where there to do the Christmas Story thing, which is fine, but I found ole Shep through that movie, and have learned about the bigger world of Shepherd and was hoping to meet others that also appreciate that bigger world.

I check I Lost My Eye.com, but it does not seem that they ever update it, or else, I could not find the updates, if there were any.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Shep Talk Forum - sheptalk.flicklives.com © 2006-2014 Jim Clavin v3.4.07 Go To Top Of Page